Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blogging here from our neighboring country south of us, Singapore. :P

I'm here on a short holiday with my family from Monday til Wednesday. Tonight, I'll be breaking from convention and instead of a typical philosophical post, I'll be posting chronological holiday details and more importantly, photos! :) Despite arriving here yesterday (Monday) , I really went to tour Singapore today. I'm currently staying in a Malaysian Government House, a "not-too-bad" bungalow. :S


An interesting point of the trip would be the fact that I met up with an online friend for the first time, Ray Chin, along with his girlfriend Christine today. There was plenty to catch up on. :)


We went around the City Hall region which was quite impressive, with its range of shopping centers available. If only I had a lot of money to shop... Haha.



After some shopping and sightseeing, we went to play pool. And I still suck in it. Watudo? Thanks Ray for the tips and pointers! :0 All in all, I spent about 8 hours walking today and ended up utterly exhausted. So much for a holiday. Bleh.


And if you are reading this Ray, you were a great host and thanks again. I enjoyed myself. Really :)

All right... Later on, I joined my family at the famed Orchard Road and since Christmas is just around the corner, its grandly decorated. The streets were bustling despite being a weekday! Probably the Christmas bug working overtime. There were plenty of buskers lurking around the place, including some Native American aka Red Indian performers. A bit lame, if you ask me.

Orchard Road and its splendor

Me and sis outside Takashimaya, Orchard Road



The story of Nativity, depicted using mannequins. I thought that the photo of the odd-looking sheep is worth posting here. Don't ask me why.


After so many hours of shopping throughout this trip, all I have to show for it are 2 measly purchases :
1. A trilogy series
2. A 2 GB MSPD for my beloved handphone :P

To wrap it up, metropolitan Singapore is a cool place to be. I wouldn't mind living there :)

That's all for tonight. Goodnight folks.

No comments: