Friday, July 13, 2007

A Tribute

Let this day not go unmarked. 9 years ago on this precise moment, those tears were shed with an intensity that I have never known before, and since then. 9 long years have come and gone just like that since that night but the memories still remain cemented in. I suppose that from wherever you are looking down now, you wouldn’t want to see anymore tears shed for you. And so I have moved on, but not without a sense of loss and occasional mourning. Perhaps your coming and leaving had its purpose; to teach those around you the meaning of love and patience. If that was your designated purpose by Him, then know that it was well accomplished.

I’m sure where ever you are now, it must be a better place, free from suffering. I may have known little more of you than your laughter and groaning, but since when were ties ever formed on the sole basis of words? I may never have had the chance to say goodbye; perhaps it is because your departure was never final. Nevertheless, you will still be missed, my brother. We shall meet again someday, somewhere better.

A tribute

No comments: