Friday, August 31, 2007

Yet another day

Hey guys, still remember me?

I've been so occupied the past week with assignments and tests. I don't expect the situation to abate in the immediate future. There has been many tough lessons on life over the past week; some new, some forgotten. Well, the usual wandering in the wilderness must continue for I have few alternatives.

Coincidentally, it happens to be the 50th year of Independence today. I am no particular fan of flag fetishism as I believe that such symbols are superficial. Numbers hold little significance to me. 50 years mean nothing if no real progress is made. In fact it becomes a burden as the increased years is met with an equal rise of expectations. A patriotic citizen is the law-abiding citizen that acts in the best interest of his nation and not one that parades around with flags covering every inch of his personal belongings. Well, for what its worth anyway, Happy Independence Day!

No comments: