Monday, June 11, 2007

Port Dickson


More pics from Port Dickson, some are quite interesting. I actually did more than just pose by the beach there. :) It was a holiday, but not just a typical holiday as I found it quite meaningful. One thing that I've realized is that "they" can be very nice people. To extents that I've never seen or experienced before. So much so that it forced me to reevaluate and adjust my perception of them several notches up. Some will view it as traitorous but others will welcome it as maturity. Change is purely relative and is subject to personal interpretation though.

That's me, the third person from the front.

Anyway, here are pics of just some of the places I visited...

An Ostrich Farm in PD:



And also a Military Museum there, or rather Muzium Tentera Darat which I found quite fascinating. We were showed the weapons used throughout Malaysia's history, dating back from the period of the Malaccan Sultanate, through the Colonial periods by the Portuguese, Dutch and British Imperialists subsequently until the post-Independence era.

An anti-Tank mine

An anti-Tank mine

An anti-personnel mine

An anti-personnel mine

A modern rocket launcher
An armoured military vehicle...
And its interior

And the visit to the museum ended by a tour of the communist insurgency era. We were given a thorough lecture and I must say that the authorities did go far and wide to collect evidence and document the lifestyle of the communists then. You will see why I said that in a while. I was even brought into an underground bunker that is supposedly a replica of the real thing somewhere in Malaysia.

CPM = Communist Party of Malaya

Communist tunnels...

and Communist medication...

and Communist propaganda material...

and even Communist bras and (archaic) sanitary pads!

Whoever procured it for the museum must have had some unusual fetish. Weird huh? :D



No comments: