Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dreams

There he stood by the window, his palms pressed onto the blackened panes as he stared into the infinite beyond. Motionless, he remained there and did not flinch even as a bug scurried up his leg. He stood there, lost in a world stretching far beyond his blood shot eyes. The scene of dancing butterflies, hovering dragonflies, bustling bees in an elaborate garden with a quaint little pond stood before him, but yet he did not see it. Truly, the issues of life ran far deeper than the superficial beauty of life which, as he perceived, to penetrate no further than skin-deep. And thoughts danced and swirled into an intricate labyrinth...

Why do you remain behind these tinted panes?

Are you the master of your fate; the captain of your soul. or little more than a deluded slave of destiny?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Out of the night that dazzles me,
Bright as the sun from pole to pole,
I thank the God I know to be
For Christ the conqueror of my soul.

Since His the sway of circumstance,
I would not wince nor cry aloud.
Under that rule which men call chance
My head with joy is humbly bowed.

Beyond this place of sin and tears
That life with Him! And His the aid,
Despite the menace of the years,
Keeps, and shall keep me, unafraid.
I have no fear, though strait the gate,
He cleared from punishment the scroll.
Christ is the Master of my fate,
Christ is the Captain of my soul