Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Little Ranting

Sigh. I thought I've finally put those bleak periods behind me once and for all. I thought I've pretty much slammed the door on those days, padlocked it and have moved ahead. How much more wrong could I have been for those times are back with a vengeance. Worse still, I see no light at the end of this tunnel in the short term. I hear the echoes of desolation gnawing on my heart at times, slicing away sliver by sliver. There are moments I blame the world for my predicament, at other times I lay the blame squarely on my own shoulders. However, more recently I am inclined to believe that it lies somewhere between both extremes.

Am I to be blamed for being stuck in this quandary for simply being (inherently) different to the point where my interests and perspectives diverge greatly from that of my peers? Should I be faulted for refusing to wear an ill-fitting mask in order to conform with them?

I've learnt a long time ago that playing the blame game resolves nothing. As such, I will fault no one for my circumstances. I just wished that things aren't what they are. When reality bites, it bites hard.

No comments: