Friday, March 30, 2007

Another Tragic Chapter Ends

It is probable that I will never measure up to a particular yardstick of coolness. It is plausible that I will continue to face a volley of underhanded taunts and derision, all veiled behind the name of friendship. It is possible that I retain my mask of meekness, paint a smile daily and reinforce it with hollow peals of laughter.

Yet recent events have transpired to change my perspectives on the complex issues surrounding life. That which I cared so much about ceased to be relevant and that by which I have always placed lesser emphasis upon has been elevated in terms of priority. Likewise, I care not for cockiness and conceit of others. To express contempt towards others who lack similar endowments only invites reciprocity and retribution. If not today, surely tomorrow then when the right season comes along... However, it is not for me to strike out, as justice will be meted out by divine means or otherwise. I am a strong proponent of the belief that a fall is always preceded by pride. After all, to quote Darth Tyranus of Star Wars, "Twice the pride, double the fall". Wise words indeed from a seemingly evil character.

Thus, I am freed of my burdens which have lingered on for so long. This mental cell exists, only because I allowed it to. I falsely believed that fate had flung me into the pit, when all along I descended it with my own free will. Although the alternatives were bleak, it was a choice that I made. And it was a decision by which I must bear its consequences. Like it or not, I must deal with it or resign myself to despair. Finally, the road of sorrow by which I have trodden upon for so long now comes to an end, or so I hope. Perhaps in time I will have to stake out another often-travelled road or forge a new one in the midst of desolation. If desolation proves to be the sole alternative to a languishing societal bind, I will by all means embrace it. Nevertheless, a tragic chapter draws to an end but the end is not yet. The page turns and another chapter begins...

No comments: