Saturday, May 05, 2007

Collision Course

It is one of those rare moments when my life is spinning out of control. In the past month or so, it feels that way as everything is falling apart. The world that I once knew has been shaken at its foundations. I feel like I'm in a vehicle hurtling at ever increasing speeds towards an unknown destination. And one can't help but get the feeling that he is on a deadly collision course if one were trapped in that vehicle called life. From my academics to social life, everything is in shambles, or on the way there at best. My mid-semester exams are coming up, and with my confidence having been depleted over recently bungled tests and quizzes, it does not augur well. The road ahead looks daunting, even impossible at times to traverse. Even some of the very few of whom I have counted as close friends until very recently have eventually proved otherwise. Perhaps it has been faulty judgment on my part, as some have taken it to be no more than friendships of convenience. Here today, gone tomorrow. It is just another drop in my ocean of darkness. Why must fate laugh so cynically?

I must apologize to my remaining friends who are forced to put up with my excessive(?) griping recently. I do not seek pity, it is only that pent up emotions need to be vented out occasionally, especially through this exceptionally rough patch of life. It is usually in vain, as most are unable to comprehend my issues. It is that I am just too different.

No comments: