Monday, May 21, 2007

Crossroads

So the holidays have began, and will last out a whole month. A semester has ended, I've moved out of my hostel Kolej Cendana, (which I will blog about one of these days), and the last page of another chapter beckons. I shall label this chapter "Crossroads", hinting of the covert turbulence that has been rocking my vessel. As with any typical story, it began on a high note of optimism and confidence of a trouble free trek. As the cliche goes, every garden has its snake, and mine is no exception. Yes, it is a chapter littered with peals of genuine laughter and radiates human warmth, but it also harbors stains of suppressed tears and bitterness, if you were to look between the lines. The echoes of whispers uttered in darkness has reached my ears. Not once, nor twice, but more than I would actually care to enumerate.

There are trees that cannot thrive in the wastelands. Heap a tonne of manure and a river basin of water, the tree will still wilt and be ravaged eventually. Meanwhile for example, some have shown the true value of friendship, and others have done the exact opposite. I have seen with my eyes and beyond, the hearts of some, scheming to manipulate and milk others dry. I say nothing, not out of helplessness, but because I believe that it is pointless to steer a ship with a damaged rudder. It will only sail in the desired direction for so long before going astray eventually. Likewise there are those whose eyes are so clouded with their own judgmental and egoistic nature.Never mind about that for experience has taught me that the pleasant memories mingled with bitterness provides for a complete chapter. There is nothing like a dash of pain to reinforce and distinguish the reality of a dim memory from a distant dream.

Countless grains of time have fallen in a fine cascading mist marking the passage of time. I hereby list down several issues that I hope will take a turn for the better in the coming chapter:
1. Stronger willpower and calmness
2. Deflect underhanded taunts and poised knives
3. Relight the torch of hope
4. Focus on the narrow road ahead

This list is non-exhaustive and could be extended as I develop more ideas. That's all for now. Goodnight.

No comments: