Thursday, May 31, 2007

Holidays (Warning - Photo Loaded)

I’ve been away the past five days or so, and you would have probably noticed it if you drop by regularly. I spent the last Saturday and Sunday in Port Dickson with my family, for er, Family Day. :) Although Port Dickson is famed for its beaches, the resort that I stayed in was nowhere near the beach, but attempted to replicate the beach by having an artificial beach cum water theme park. But since it was at the beginning of the holidays, the pools were constantly infested with kids and naturally I steered clear of the pools.



After that, on Monday I went for my old school's Christian Fellowship Camp. I've been participating in it the past 2 years and this year is no exception. The camp was held in the Sufes Campsite, Tapah which is located at the foothills of Cameron Highlands. I was last here in 2005, and there has been some changes in the campsite itself. It proved to be as eventful as the previous camp, as some of you probably recall ;). Well, I learnt many things from the camp. Well,it proved to be quite an interesting experience and so goes the saying. "Experience is a harsh teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson."

The camp proved to be a timely respite from life. I actually managed to put my stressful life in INTEC behind. All those hauntings... those days of crushing stress, depression, loneliness, bitterness and confusion were left behind. Perhaps the storm has finally calmed. Perhaps this is an open door to start things anew, now that the old is gone. The cycle of life is never broken.

Since the theme of the camp was "Discovery", I discovered many things. Firstly, I realised that I do have limits in areas of patience and calmness. I've always prided myself as a stoic who remains unchanged and in control of myself despite the circumstances but this camp proved otherwise. I am surprised at myself too for discovering that I have a violent streak buried deep somewhere inside me. Not that it is something to be proud of though. Leadership comes at a price of self-sacrifice at times. It is the leader who serves his people, not the other way around. Nevertheless, the camp was fun, and everyone had a great time there.

Ok, so now on to the photos... And so on the bus ride there, let me introduce our camp commandant Eugin who is just a little bit camera shy... ;)

Oh yea, he has blogged on this camp too.



Then in 2005

Now in 2007


Dorm then back in 2005 (with a sleepy Daniel Sim :) )

Dorm now in 2007


Daniel Sim, Daniel Tan and Philip (L->R)
Philip and Manu


Adam, Timothy and Dorje (L->R)


Spider web game...



Build a structure using straws and chewed chewing gum (gross!)




The beloved CF teacher, Miss Lee, Daniel Sim and Adam (R->L)


Eva and Mr Terence, our camp speaker.


The End.

Ps. The photos up here have been highly compressed. I have many more photos but I can't post them here due to space constraints. If you want other photos or higher quality photos, don't hesitate to ask me for them. :)

No comments: