Thursday, May 24, 2007

A New Dawn

Light pierces the black horizon; an almost imperceptible glimmer on the ascent. The nights of darkness have stretched far beyond the endurance of hope; imbued with an unnatural life of its own. The seemingly eternal grip of darkness has been shattered. Chirping birds awake from their long slumber. New green shoots are put forth by the land, it rejoices with hope of renewed life. A very faint glint, but nevertheless it whispers promises of a brighter day ahead. A promise to reverse the wrongs committed throughout the darkness. There is no undoing the harm wrought in the past, but the path of atonement is unveiled by daybreak. And it shall end as a pilgrimage that has long strayed from its intended destination which shall once more find its footing.

I judge myself by what I will do, others judge me by what I have done.

No comments: